How to get a stop sign ticket dismissed
Stop sign tickets are difficult to fight when you have to stand on your word against the officer's. Most judges will believe the officer in most cases. However, you have some options for fighting the ticket without questioning the credibility of the officer.
Generally, stop sign laws read something like this:
Before entering the crosswalk on the near side of an intersection, the driver of any vehicle approaching a stop sign at the entrance to an intersection, or in an intersection, should stop at the limit line, if it's marked. The driver shall stop at the intersection of the roadway or railroad grade crossing if there is no limit line or crosswalk.
A prosecutor has to prove to a jury that you committed the offense if you decide to go to trial. Generally, then, there must be proof of these three elements (what constitutes an offense):
- When driving a vehicle, you approached a stop sign.
- Located just before a railroad grade crossing or at the entrance to an intersection.
- A crosswalk, intersection entrance, or limit line closest to you did not reach a complete stop.
In order to get a conviction, the government must prove that either you didn't stop or you stopped too late.
Learn more: How to fight a traffic violation?
If you have any questions or need help with your Traffic Ticket, DUI, DWI, Criminal Case, Auto Accident or any other related questions, just give us a call at 425-278-9922 or email us at email@example.com.
Share with Friends
- Ken Tsiprin - Traffic, DUI, Personal Injury Attorney
- Fight Your Auto Accident Case
- Fight Your DUI / Criminal Case
- Fight Your Traffic Ticket
- Citation vs Ticket
- Car Accident Ticket dismissed
- Can you get Tickets Removed from your Record
- Can you get a Reckless Driving Ticket dismissed
- Can Speeding Tickets be Dismissed
- Best ticket fighting service
driving tips for drivers
first speeding ticket washington state
how do you get a speeding ticket dismissed in washington state
how much does arag pay attorneys
washington state speeding ticket payment
what do traffic lawyers do
car driving tips for beginners pdf
arag legal plan ucsd
rear end accident laws washington state
attorney ken tsiprin pdf
how to dispute a car accident fault
can i just pay my ticket and not go to court
how long before an unpaid parking ticket becomes a warrant