How to beat a Photo Speeding Ticket
A notice appears in your mail telling you that you have been caught speeding or running a red light. Several hundred dollars are now being demanded from you because the camera captured your car and license plate. Many jurisdictions across the country have an uneasy or controversial relationship with traffic cameras, however - for example, in Washington State, you can simply disregard a red-light camera ticket without penalty, so you may be able to contest your ticket more easily than you think.
Check the ticket's date, time, and location. You need to make sure you were actually driving the car when the ticket was issued since camera tickets are sent to the car's owner, not to the driver.
- To prove you were driving at that time and place, the prosecutor must generally prove you were there. A person who borrows your car cannot be prosecuted.
- In some states, such as New York, red-light camera tickets work like parking tickets, where registered owners rather than drivers are held responsible. If you received the ticket in an area with red light laws, make sure to check them out.
- You can have a look at the scene from your car and try to recreate what was happening at the time, and write down any details you recall. For instance, if you were driving, try and remember what you were doing at the time. A camera may have taken the photo while you were making a legal right turn on red. Your ticket should be dismissed if you made a legal maneuver.
You may also like: Are camera speeding tickets legal?
If you have any questions or need help with your Traffic Ticket, DUI, DWI, Criminal Case, Auto Accident or any other related questions, just give us a call at 425-278-9922 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share with Friends
- Ken Tsiprin - Traffic, DUI, Personal Injury Attorney
- Fight Your Auto Accident Case
- Fight Your DUI / Criminal Case
- Fight Your Traffic Ticket
- Citation vs Ticket
- Car Accident Ticket dismissed
- Can you get Tickets Removed from your Record
- Can you get a Reckless Driving Ticket dismissed
- Can Speeding Tickets be Dismissed
- Best ticket fighting service
how to get a speeding ticket dismissed in washington state
declaration of non responsibility federal way
traffic ticket dismissed without prejudice
is it worth contesting a speeding ticket
driving on suspended license 4th offense
washington state traffic ticket lookup
drivers license lawyers near me
what is arag legal insurance
king county district court pay ticket
negligent driving vs dui
wa reckless driving penalties
what is a clc lawyer
can you get speeding ticket dismissed