How to Contest a Speeding Ticket in Washington State
Check your ticket to make sure the information is accurate. Misspelling "Toyota" is not going to get the case dismissed in Washington State. However, a wrong date or writing the wrong RCW (Revised Code of Washington) means your work is almost done. Your chances of being so lucky are almost nonexistent, but it's worth a try.
The back of the ticket shows three options.
- To pay for your ticket by mailing a check. NOT the choice you want to pick.
- To "mitigate" the ticket. You should always consider this option. You will have the opportunity to appear before a judge and explain your story. This will almost always be a top option as it can cut a speeding ticket in half or more, although it depends on the circumstances, the severity of the ticket, and you’re driving record. But a mitigation hearing does not allow termination in Washington State, so checking this option will ensure that the fine remains on your record.
- To “contest “the ticket. Contesting the hearing is the only way for a speeding ticket to be dismissed entirely. Check this option, photocopy both sides of your ticket, and make sure it is mailed within 14 days of the citation. If you've waited a few days too long, send it anyway; often the delay will be ignored. Once you receive notification of your hearing date in the mail, the real work begins.
You may also like: Can speeding tickets be dismissed?
If you have any questions or need help with your Traffic Ticket, DUI, DWI, Criminal Case, Auto Accident or any other related questions, just give us a call at 425-278-9922 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share with Friends
- Ken Tsiprin - Traffic, DUI, Personal Injury Attorney
- Fight Your Auto Accident Case
- Fight Your DUI / Criminal Case
- Fight Your Traffic Ticket
- Citation vs Ticket
- Car Accident Ticket dismissed
- Can you get Tickets Removed from your Record
- Can you get a Reckless Driving Ticket dismissed
- Can Speeding Tickets be Dismissed
- Best ticket fighting service
metlife legal login
typical car accident settlement amounts
declaration of non responsibility spokane
parking ticket with wrong information
can you get a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign
u s legal services reviews
what is arag legal insurance
wa reckless driving penalties
can you beat a dui case
what does arag legal cover
how do insurance companies find out about tickets
speeding citation vs ticket
does a deferred ticket go on your record