Reckless driving examples
Depending on the state, reckless driving has varying definitions and consequences. Driving in such a way as to endanger people and property can earn you anything from fines to jail time.
State statutes generally do not mention specific reckless driving behaviors. The audience instead expects law enforcement officials to take all factors into account, including traffic, road conditions, pedestrian activity, and other related factors. State laws do mention some specific behaviors, however.
You are likely to be considered reckless if you race on an urban road. Nevertheless, at least two states explicitly define reckless driving as including racing. You can be convicted of reckless driving in Virginia and Washington if you race your car.
It may not be included in many state laws, but there are certain driving behaviors that can lead to reckless driving citations regardless of where you reside. The following are some of them:
- In school zones, speeding is not tolerated
- On public roads, you cannot perform stunts like "donuts"
- Driving aggressively or exhibiting road rage
- A motorist who blocks another motorist
- Indulging in dangerous behaviors
If you choose to drive in an unsafe manner, you will cause injuries, fatalities, and property damage. The following consequences may also follow a reckless driving conviction:
- Suspension of driving privileges
- Fines of $1,000 or more
- Time spent behind bars
- Possession of a criminal record
You may also like: Percentage of dui cases dismissed
If you have any questions or need help with your Traffic Ticket, DUI, DWI, Criminal Case, Auto Accident or any other related questions, just give us a call at 425-278-9922 or email us at email@example.com.
Share with Friends
- Ken Tsiprin - Traffic, DUI, Personal Injury Attorney
- Fight Your Auto Accident Case
- Fight Your DUI / Criminal Case
- Fight Your Traffic Ticket
- Citation vs Ticket
- Car Accident Ticket dismissed
- Can you get Tickets Removed from your Record
- Can you get a Reckless Driving Ticket dismissed
- Can Speeding Tickets be Dismissed
- Best ticket fighting service
how to dispute a car accident fault
can you dispute an insurance claim
can you defer a speeding ticket in washington state
citation number lookup
reckless driving washington
moving violation points
how to defer a ticket in king county
us legal services fee schedule
do you have to go to court for red light camera ticket
how to get a speeding ticket off your record in washington
speeding tickets bellevue tacoma seattle reddit
how to become a clc lawyer