What is a Citation Police
Citations are directives by law enforcement or other authorities to appear in court to answer misdemeanor or infraction charges.
When it is issued. A police officer may issue a citation to anyone who he believes has committed a misdemeanor or infraction.
The contents. Citations must comply with the following:
- (1) Identify the crime charged, including the date, and, where material, identify the property and persons involved;
- (2) Name and address of the person cited, or other identification if that is not possible;
- (3) Identify the officer who issued the citation; and
- (4) Request that the person to whom it is issued appear in a designated court on a specified date and time.
It is the officer's duty to certify delivery of the citation, which shall be filed with the clerk, if the cited person refuses to sign. If the person cited fails to sign the citation, he will not be arrested nor will he have to post a bond. If a citation is issued for a parking offense, a copy shall be given to the operator of the vehicle if the operator is present, or to the registered owner of the vehicle if the operator is not present by attaching a copy of the citation to the vehicle.
Keep reading: What is clc legal?
If you have any questions or need help with your Traffic Ticket, DUI, DWI, Criminal Case, Auto Accident or any other related questions, just give us a call at 425-278-9922 or email us at email@example.com.
Share with Friends
- Ken Tsiprin - Traffic, DUI, Personal Injury Attorney
- Fight Your Auto Accident Case
- Fight Your DUI / Criminal Case
- Fight Your Traffic Ticket
- Citation vs Ticket
- Car Accident Ticket dismissed
- Can you get Tickets Removed from your Record
- Can you get a Reckless Driving Ticket dismissed
- Can Speeding Tickets be Dismissed
- Best ticket fighting service
hyatt legal plan
can a ticket be dismissed for wrong information
car accident washington state recently
does a ticket go on your record before court
how to fight a false insurance claim
how to contest a camera speeding ticket
how long does an accident stay on your record in washington state
legal contract template
dismissing a traffic ticket in california
can you beat a camera speeding ticket
pay camera ticket new orleans
how to get a dui dismissed
city of lakewood traffic